It is true

..but those who hope in the Lord


will renew their strength.


They will soar on wings like eagles;


they will run and not grow weary,


they will walk and not be faint.


Don't ask an accountant to dinner on the first few work days of the month. Chances are they are up to their elbows in spreadsheets, checklists, and journal entries. My company emerged from bankruptcy last Friday. We have three work days to "close the books" for the previous period. On the morning of the third workday, I knew my day would be hard and long. As I stepped onto the elevator, I prayed, "Lord, I know you are strong in my weakness. Please give me strength and wisdom today."


Up I went to my cubicle world. I remained there until 9:30 pm. Luckily, some co workers brought me cookies around 3:00. That was lunch and dinner. I don't share this to complain; I just want to create the setting for you.


I finally finished and had a guard walk me to my car. (Safety first.)


I got on the phone and started gabbing it up. Finally, as I got closer to home, I realized I wasn't EXHAUSTED OR STARVING. And I am a girl who requires a lot of rest and food!


The next morning I got up and thought of how crazy the day before had been. THEN I remembered that my prayer had included, "I will be sure to give you the glory." And I began to do just that. Thank you, my dear God. I continue to be amazed by the truth of your word.



Comments