Just A Little Kindness

"A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money."
John Ruskin

After a day of lounging, napping, and watching movies, it was time to get my laziness off of the couch and MOVE. Lucky for me, my friend C was up for a trip to look at Christmas lights. In our green and red plaid pajama pants, with Zoey in the backseat, we headed off into the Livable Forest.

To our surprise, we found two homes whose yards were full of spectators. Cars lined the streets as people carried their babies and puppies to visit strangers' yards to see the elaborate train and village displays.

At the second home, we were greeted by a nice man holding an adorable baby girl. He playfully leaned her toward me and said, "Merry Christmas." Zoey gently pawed at the man's leg wanting to see the baby.
The owner of the home came out to talk to us and explained how they protect the display every night. After chatting for a few minutes, he said we were welcome any time.

I told my roommate about his comment and she reminded me that I've been told that by other strangers--the owners of the dogs that I found a year ago.




All of that to say, be kind, welcoming, graceful, and gentle. It brings more joy to others than any bought gift ever can.

Comments