a single step

After a week off from work, I felt like my mind was slightly more clear and I could focus on the things that I want to do.

So on Saturday, after a good lunch at Chipotle with my best friend, I asked if she would go with me to sign up for guitar lessons. It is something I've been meaning to do for months, and realized, it's finally time to get the ball rolling. No more waiting on nothing.

In our swimsuits and cover ups, we walked into the music store and met the kindest lady. People who specialize in things normally intimidate me. (Examples: I don't want my dog to misbehave in front of a dog trainer, I don't want an English teacher to read my blog, I don't want a photographer to see my photos, I don't want a dentist to see my teeth, a hairdresser to see my hair...) But this lady put me at ease immediately. She didn't try to use musician lingo and remind me that I had absolutely no business being in a music store.

So in a few nights, I'll be sitting in a room with my guitar and my teacher, learning the basics. Taking the first step.

Comments