Barlow Girl

My friends, family, and I have 4th row tickets for the Barlow Girl concert. But, if Ike comes to Houston, I imagine it will be canceled. Erica and I were also supposed to go do some final apartment shopping and furniture searching, but it looks like that won't be happening either.

So, as for my weekend, I'm clinging to the hope of the Barlow Girl concert and then I'll be heading back to study Cash Flows for next week's exam.

"If you put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig." Since when did politicians resort to calling each other animal names!? Get real!

Comments

Erica said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica said…
Oh gosh. You're one of those people who blew the whole pig comment out of proportion. He was not calling her a pig. It's just an expression. In fact, John McCain used the same expression not too long ago.

Sorry for the deleted posts. They weren't working right for some reason.
Heather said…
I know that it is a common expression. The crowd read it as him calling her a pig.

He should have not mentioned pigs or lipstick, knowing that her speech was fresh on peoples' minds.

He is smart enough to know that his comment would come across as a put down.