I couldn't agree more.

I just read Jenny Simmon's blog. (fyi: She is the lead singer of Addison road.) She wrote about how we so often miss the wonders of this world, such as flying over snow covered mountains and sweet babies.

Here is an excerpt:
The flight in was breathtaking. At least I thought it was. (This could be because I was baby free and I could actually breath for a minute.) Ryan was embarrassed that I was so picture happy. I think he thought people were staring at me and wondering who the weird girl compulsively taking (what would probably be really bad) pictures out of her airplane window was.

The thing is, I don't care if people think I'm crazy for taking 47 pictures of the snow-covered Rocky Mountains. I think they are crazy. We are flying over an endless sea of marshmallow mountain tops, Mt. Hood, and then floating the rest of the way on a bed of clouds that are perfectly billowing as far as the eye can see... and they aren't taking pictures.

What's wrong with them?

It was just a little reminder to me how important it is to keep our awe and wonder alive. What are we if a baby doesn't make us stop and smile? A homeless person doesn't cause us to stop and feel some sort of empathy? A worship service doesn't create a pause which prompts us to fall to our knees (literally or figuratively) in worship? A butterfly doesn't capture a minute of our time? An elderly person's story doesn't make us stop and envision the past? A mountain or ocean or puffy cloud or a simple leaf falling to the ground doesn't stir a little something in our soul?

Comments