Dwelling

Since I was a teenager, I could keep myself awake for hours at night envisioning re-doing a room. I rearranged furniture for fun as a kid. Have you ever seen "Because I Said So" with Mandy Moore? Know how she would move furniture on a whim? That's me.

Several months before we were set to move into our apartment, I would browse online for furniture and draw up floor plan ideas--to scale. I dwell on my dwelling. I'm a nester.

All of that to say, I found a house for sale that I keep thinking about. I drive by the house every time I'm in the area. I even got out of the car this past weekend and walked around the house and peeked in the windows. I have an appointment with the realtor on Friday morning. If I LOVE it, then I'll start considering becoming a home owner.

Here is a picture:


Every time I see a house/room online that I like, I right click and save it to my iPhoto album. I now have a pretty big library of rooms that I like. Its not always the room that I like, but sometimes it is an element of a room. Color, layout, light fixture, furniture, etc. Last night I went through the pictures and marked some features that I could use in the house, should I LOVE it.






Pic 1: I will want a fence first thing. My future dog will need a place to run! And if I want to lay out in the back yard for some sun, the neighbors don't need to know.
Pic 2: I love this table. Water rings? No problem. This table is about relaxing and talking...oh and eating.
Pic 3: I like the color scheme. I could paint the front door and shutters the blue of the pic's door. I also love the planters!
Pic 4: The house I'm looking at has a small wood patio just like this one. I'd like to have a laid back eating area out there. Or lounge chairs and have the eating area down on the grass. Hmm...maybe that'll be my future constant re-arranging area.
Pic 5: I love this kitchen. But I'm posting it as reference for the light fixture. If you see one like this one, let me know!

Comments