My Secret

Last Sunday I taught Zoey girl to 'high-five.' I posted a video of our success on Facebook.

High Five from Heather Noske on Vimeo.


I also showed the trick off to my family and Jonathan. A couple of people asked, "Why do you touch her chin?"
I'd been found out.

The thing is, I taught her to do the high five by placing a treat under her chin. If I had put it in front of her face, she would have come after it with her mouth. By putting it under her chin, she had to use her paw to have me move my hand. Each time she touched my hand, I would say "High Five!". I knew that if I kept associating the paw to hand contact with the term, she would eventually "High Five" on voice command. And that she does. I tried it last night (with out a treat and without touching her) and up came her cute little paw. Gotta love her.

Comments