Bring it on

More sunshine in the day? Yes, please.

In celebration of more sun, I went to Lowe's today to get some plants to replace the ones that died in the freeze. I had a few plants that I bought at Ikea back around 2006 that made it, but aren't as full as they used to be. Those were downgraded to smaller pots, and new plants were brought in.

I've tried potting plants on the patio before, but remember it to be messy. This time I carried everything downstairs to the grass. I brought Zoey with me---without a leash. She was very content to lay in the grass next to me as I removed the dead plants and repotted the new ones.

WHEN I finally buy a house, I think she's going to enjoy the backyard as much as I will!

The plant on the left will bloom small orchid like flowers. Beautiful.



The tag said this is one of the oldest known plants. We'll see if it's the fittest based on how it survives me taking care of it.

Comments

Kyle said…
Love the kayak poster! Where'd you get it?
Heather said…
http://www.etsy.com/listing/31034296/keep-on-keepin-on-go-kayaking-purple