Patience

Having a dog has taught me patience.

God knew I couldn't start from scratch, therefore Zoey came to me at the age of 3 instead of as a puppy!

We had a fun day at the beach yesterday. But as beach trips normally go, you come home with lots of sand. So this morning I washed beach towels and folded them on my bed, where they still sit at 10:30 tonight.

I've spent the evening in the living room and kitchen, so I was shocked when I came into my room to find that Zoey had unfolded the beach towels and had created a 'nest' with them. I picked them up and refolded them. (She had a bath last night.) As I was re-folding I realized some parents may scream and get angry had their children done the exact same thing. And admittedly, I think I would have acted this way a year ago. Now, I just fold and realize its not worth getting upset.

Lord, I'm learning. Keep teaching and preparing me for the good you have in store.

Comments