Be Generous

Last night I read something that hit me like a brick over the head. People argue on this topic. It is normally something that indicates if you are Republican or Democrat. And I had been unsure of my opinion on it.

But there the answer was in the Bible. Starting in II Corinthians 8:12:

For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have. [I knew this part and have heard it quoted over and over....but keep reading.]

Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality, as it is written: "He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little."

We are supposed to give when we can. As simple as that. Notice where it says, "He who gathered much did not have too much." We keep accumulating stuff that we don't need & only make life more complicated.

One more thing that I was reminded of in my latest read, Chasing Fireflies--

"Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

"Says who?"

"Matthew 5:24"

"Oh."

Comments