I'm a mess.

My family always called my sister Miss. Mess when she was little, but the name never really fit me. Until today it seems.

1st: After being given a task at work, I sat at my desk doing it wrong for hours. Finally when I asked if I was on the right track, I realized I didn't even have the right concept. This project is due on Friday. Pray that God will take my weaknesses in understanding and fill them with his knowledge! I admitted to my boss that I had no idea what I was doing and that I had done it all wrong. That is one of the hardest things for me to do. Especially since I haven't done anything to prove myself yet. OH...another thing, she quickly asked me to pull up [big word] list for our new admin. I stumbled over my words and finally said, "I don't even know what that is." Come to find out, it was an emergency contact list. Why can't we just call it that!? Even the file name and title of the document referred to emergency phone numbers. 

THEN: I went to Sonic for the free root beer float. Before I pushed the red button to order my wacky pack and free dessert, I saw the sign that said the FREE FLOATS WERE FROM 8PM-12AM.  I guess I'll have to go back.

AND THEN: I decided to go get the mail as I pulled into the drive of the apartment. I crumbled my Wacky Pack bag to throw it away, and got out of my Jeep to go to the mail center. I checked the mail (where I got a wonderful card from my newest M.D. friend-thanks). When I was going back to my Jeep, a girl (about my age) passed me, looked at my waist and smiled. Feeling self-conscience I felt at my waist and realized my pants were undone! 

If you know me well enough, you know that I hate wearing clothes, even more I hate wearing pants! As soon as I got in the car from work, I had unbuttoned all three buttons of my pants and went on my drive home a lot more comfortably. 

I need a Post-it on my dash that says, "Button your pants!" 

Shame, shame, shame. 

(I knew there was a reason I wore the pretty new panties today.)

Comments

Victoria said…
I couldn't help but laugh at the last part, but I definitely hope today was a better day for you! I totally unbutton my pants every time I get in the car. Especially after a Wacky Pack. :)
Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry you had a rough day. I hope tomorrow is better. I'm also glad you got my thank-you note. It really did mean SO MUCH to me that you were there. Especially after what was most likely a grueling day at work. You're so sweet! Oh and I already used your gift card...a travel book for my trip to Boston next week and two novels I've been really wanting. Yay!

ARB
Ericka said…
I admit the last part made me laugh too. :)

I hope things get better for you, Heather. I know how hard it is to see the good in things, esp. when you feel like you are fighting just to get through it at the moment. If you ever need to talk I am always here for you.
Heather said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said…
Thank you guys.
I'm not normally a person to ask for prayer, but I'd really appreciate it lately.

And Vicky, I'm glad I have fellow un-buttoners!

Amanda, if you can buy 3 books at BN for $25 you need to teach me how to shop. For me that's 1-1/2 books.

Have fun in Boston. You need to listen to Kenny Chesney's "She's from Boston." It's one of my favorites.
Lindsey said…
Isn't it nice that you can still chuckle about a rough day at the end of it all. Here's to praying things start running smoother for you!