Gotta live as much as possible Friday-Sunday

After an early haircut on Saturday morning, Abbi and I fit in several things between 9am and noon. We even had a trip to half-price books. :)

When we got to the apartment, we headed out to the pool. There was a little girl's birthday party going on which brought out her entire family (full of cute little kids.) Then there were about 20-25 guys and girls about my age living like college students. They seemed to be having fun and provided mostly good music.  The pool was a blast: little kids jumping into late-20's guys' arms who they didn't even know; babies visiting the pool for the first time, birthday balloons, volleyball, music, and food!

After stressing about my new hair cut and wishing I could change it, there was a lady who came up behind me in the pool and said, "Excuse me." I thought I had almost kicked her since I was sort of doggy-paddling. But she wanted to ask Abbi and me where we got our hair cut because she really liked it.  Go figure. 

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y, Noel (who is home from several years in the NAVY) and Erica came to the pool. After smelling other people's yummy grilling we decided to grill for dinner. 

Off to Wal-Mart. Here's what followed:
Yummy. Grilled shrimp, chicken, squash, zucchini, mushrooms (yuck), pineapple (WONDERFUL) on a stick. Oh...and some sweet corn on the cob--so flavorful it didn't even need butter! 

Comments

Erica said…
AMEN to the title of this post!