Unbelievable

What I am about to share would be unbelievable to me, if I hadn't seen it this morning. Some people would say it means something. I even thought this may be the case this morning. But then a Godly man at work reminded me that God speaks to us through his word and every 'message' should be tested against the Word. So here it goes; the story of my commute to work this morning.


This morning when I was driving to work, the traffic reminded me of something that had really bothered and upset me. I started replaying it in my mind. As I did, I felt anger welling up inside. I finally told myself, "Heather, you don't need to think about this. It will accomplish no good."

I then focused my attention to listening to the Message (Christian radio station) on XM and the song "God Gave Me You" came on. For those of you who haven't heard it, its a song by Dave Barnes to his wife. In the song, he shares that God gave him his wife for the good times and bad. Being single, I don't connect with the song and prefer not to listen to it. So I changed the station to The Highway (country). THE SAME SONG WAS ON THAT STATION, but by a different artist!
So I went back to the one on The Message (since I'd prefer the acoustic Dave Barnes version if I have to listen to it).

So here I am, in the fast lane on 59 during the morning rush hour when I see something white flapping to the right of my car. At first I thought it was a bird. But then I thought that a bird wouldn't be flying this low--down with the cars. So I looked to see if it was a piece of paper/trash swirling around the cars. I looked over to my passenger side. At that very moment it was level with me. I looked at it in amazement. It was a white dove! After I had looked at it for a second, it flew back up in the sky and above the traffic of cars.

Throughout the Bible, a dove was a sign (God told Noah to send out a dove from the Ark to know when it was safe to exit the Ark/After Jesus was baptized, the Holy Spirit came down in the form of a dove.)

To me this was an extraordinary morning. I don't recall ever seeing a dove before today (except for in pictures and videos). And the fact that it was safely flying among the cars and waited to go back up until I saw it is pretty exciting!

Comments