11 days 'til we arrive in Hawaii!

I've been telling Jonathan about how beautiful Hawaii is from the air. I've told him the story of how the pilot tilts the plane so everyone can see the blue water and green mountains through the windows. But....I just realized it will be dark when we get there. Still, I'm sure it will be cool to see spots of light in a dark ocean.

Pray for our safety and fun. I hope Jonathan loves Hawaii as much as I did, and that I fall in love with Hawaii all the more and haven't built up too high of expectations. (But I think Hawaii is more than capable of meeting them.) I remember being in Hawaii and wanting to sing songs of worship. In particular, I remember the song "I Don't Want to Go" by Avalon that kept replaying in my head:
"I don't want to go somewhere
If I know that You're not there,
'Cause I know that me without You is a lie.
And I don't want to walk that road,
Be a million miles from home,
Cause my heart needs to be where You are.
So I don't want to go
Without Your touch,Without Your love
Filling me like an ocean.
For Your grace is enough, enough for me."

On Thursday or Friday I need to complete our Hawaii plans. I need to call and confirm with the hotel and ask questions, book a trip to Paradise Cove Luau (BIG SMILE!), and decide if we should rent a car or a moped. So much of the wonder of Hawaii is seen by simply driving around. Each turn is different and amazing. I think of everything that people miss out-on by staying on Waikiki. There are so many beautiful (and unique) beaches. Some are rocky, some are sandy, some have calm waters, others are dangerous and known for their pipelines, some have reefs, some have deep blue waters while others have soft turquois water. Then there are the waterfalls and hikes! Again, each is different.
Any advise on what we should do? Where we should go? Where we should eat?

Comments

Erica said…
Remind me to look through my pics from Hawaii. I know I went a couple of places you didn't go. You might be interested in going to those. I recommend going snorkeling at Ko Olina. There's also a beach and hike to a waterfall that I can't remember the name of right now.