So thoughtful

I think I just opened one of the best gifts. The church that hosts the Bible study that I went to during the summer gave Survival Packages to Freshmen, Sophomores, and graduating Seniors.
Julie, from the Bible study brought me one today even though I haven't been going to Bible study since the Fall semester started.
She prayed for me. I so appreciated that!
Then in the box were "hang in there" cards. Church members had written little notes and scripture. Some wished me good luck in my future career. One prayed that I would find meaning in my future work. How thoughtful.
Insided were wonderful candies, soup, apple sauce, hot chocoloate...all kinds of great stuff!

One of the Hang In There cards said this:

Take advantage of a college education--you are LUCKY.

I am. And also very thankful.

I think we forget how touching a MEANINGFUL gift is. It reminds me of what I read on a blog yesterday by TwoEllie:
"We do three gifts: a want, a need, and a surprise. We decided on three to represent how Jesus received a gift from each of the three wise men on His day of birth."


Comments