Church, Mission Burrito, and the Pool

Every Sunday I sit at church and wish Jonathan were with me because I know I'll never be able to share with him word for word what I learn. Today he was there. Last night, around 10 p.m. there was a knock at the door. (No one ever knocks on our door.) It was him. I had missed him and was feeling very single, so when I saw him, there were tears in my eyes. Yay, I'm not single afterall.

Today was the kickoff of a sermon series called SENT: Work and Worship: What's the difference?

Nothing. Pastor Cox pointed out that God has wisely put each of us Christians in places that other Christians can't go.  In the beginning of the New Testament the word for work and worship is the same in Hebrew. We have the ability of using our work as worship when we change our perspective. (I'll look up the verses and talk more about this in days to come.)

After church, J and I went to Mission Burrito. Yum! I had a chicken soft taco and tortilla soup. Way too much to eat in one sitting. BTW: They charge for guacamole on everything but a single taco. If you get two tacos they charge, but not for one! 

I spent a little time out by the pool. That is one good thing about living in a nice apartment. There is a vacation style pool that you don't have to clean!  I didn't stay out too long because I was afraid of how my skin would react to the sun. I read that a little sun is good for excema, but that it may have negative side-effects when using excema medications. 

Another tip for the day: Always stop completely at stop signs. 

Comments

Erica said…
Always stop completely at stops signs...or learn to lie about where your girlfriend lives! lol