I just laughed at myself in humiliation

One of my last classes as a senior was Audit. We had a semester long project of going through the review process of any company we chose. We ended with the auditor's statement which includes a statement on the company as a going concern. I was blindly optimistic about the company I chose. 

Less than two months of writing that opinion the company went into bankruptcy. 

Several things cross my mind as I take a shower, brush my teeth, blow dry my hair, etc..  As I type this, my hair is half dry because I stopped mid-blow-dry to come post.  When the thought entered my head I laughed at myself when I considered my professor. I know she keeps up with the positions of several companies, especially ones that we have talked about in class. I bet she is telling her students about my paper and the outcome this semester. Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.

To give myself SOME credit, I was working with the financials from second quarter and things went sour after that. 

Comments