Favorite Things # 1

I admit, I am slightly materialistic. I know it is unhealthy and I know what the Bible says about it. I realize it could all be gone like that *snap* either by thief or moth.

Yet still, I get excited about GOOD stuff! I hate crap...but good stuff, I love!

So I'll occasionally share with you the things that I love. They are in no way luxuries, but they make me feel as if I am enjoying luxuries.

First up, kitchen shears!

Erica bought me a pair years ago and I'm still using them. They are for sure the most used item in our kitchen. Tonight, I've already used them at least 5 times.

They are so handy and make a much better alternative for a knife.

You have to get decent ones though. I had a pair that came in a knife set and they didn't make it in my kitchen for very long.

So if you don't have kitchen shears, get some. And if someone you know is getting married, or moving into their first place soon, the shears could make a great gift-bonus!

Comments

Victoria said…
Ok, I seriously use my kitchen shears about 25 times a day. No joke. I have the ones that came in our knife set (which are still usable after 2.5 years), but I also have some pink Breast Cancer Awareness ones that I bought just in case my other ones broke. I use them to not only open stuff, but to cut up fajita meat (after it's been grilled), bacon (for a yummy addition to eggs), green beans, and everything else! No joke. :)
Erica said…
I bought you those? I guess I should have known since I have a pair exactly like them in a box in the storage closet.