So ready for Christmas

I now get why Christmas in July exists.

It is too HOT in July.
We all want some cheer.
We all need some time off.

This past Christmas I had just graduated college, moved, was planning a vacation, and thinking of starting my new job. My cousin talked my aunt into buying a fake WHITE christmas tree and matching balls; we've always had a big green tree with a life times assortment of decorations. The stupid white tree ended up falling over on Christmas Eve and my aunt insisted that we take it down and put the decorations back in the attic. It didn't seem much like Christmas, so I went to Jonathan's house around 1am on Christmas morning. It's the first time I ever spent Christmas away from my family.

See...nothing about it was Christmas-y.
(Picture from Pioneer Woman's lesson on Christmas Bokeh.)

So this year, I am already ready for Christmas. It could be stressful again this year--our lease is up in January and I don't know what my (our) plans are. But I'm determined to decorate early and to leave work by 5:30 to enjoy Christmas time.

Your invited now to stop by after work for a Christmas movie, hot chocolate, and cookies.


Comments

Erica said…
When you say "our" plans do you mean me and you or you and Jonathan?!
Heather said…
When I typed it, I meant you (erica) and me.

But I guess all 3 of our plans. His are more predictable though. School...forever. ;)
Erica said…
Just wondering. He might surprise you one day. And if that one day is anytime soon then "we" will mean you and him, not you and me!