My Pastor said....

"When you are real with people and let them know your struggles and valleys, they will be drawn to you."

"When you pretend that you have it all together, they will pull away from you."

> Real Me <

< Fake Me >

He gave the example of David when he was hiding from Saul in caves. Those who were distressed, in debt, and discontented were drawn to him because he was honest with them.

I've thought of this concept a lot lately. Jenny, from Addison Road, has been stuck in a valley lately. She is honest about it. And she keeps looking up to God for direction and peace. And people (including me) are DRAWN to her! Read her blog here: http://www.jennysimmons.com/

I haven't blogged lately, because I've been in a big, deep pot-hole that I didn't see coming! It seems David from the Bible had the same scenario. But he kept seeking God, and was blessed because of it. That's what I intend to do, as well.

Because of my pot-hole, I bought the book "The List" by Marian Jordan. I don't want to tell you what its about because you may make fun of me. But if you really want to know, you can use your google search bar. ;) In it, Marian says, "I hear people all the time say, 'I just want to be happy.' ... Here's the big problem with that statement. Happiness is not the purpose of life. The purpose of life is "to glorify God and enjoy Him forever."

Hear that again: The purpose of life is not happiness.

Comments