Riding the Bus & Jane Eyre

Other than the car sickness that I am experiencing right now, I enjoyed the bus commute today.

The inbound ride took longer than expected because the HOV lane was red on the traffic map thanks to some officers checking each car that went by to ensure they had double occupancy. (GET OUT OF THE WAY!) Until we slowed to a stop, I didn't have a care in the world, other than the anger that I felt from reading of Mr. Brocklehurst in Jane Eyre. I think there could be a really good Bible study created from this book. Mr. Brocklehurst would be what NOT to do as a so-called minister. Yuck. (If things change later in the book, don't tell me!)

I looked forward to the trip home so that I could start reading again. Yet this time, as I read, I began to feel car sick. I think I'll pack some Dramamine for tomorrow's trip.

As for Jane Eyre, I'm loving the book. And as far fetched as it may seem, I relate with Jane. I feel like I've been there, done that. (Granted, I'm in Chapter 8 and have no idea what is to come.) I'm especially loving Helen Burns.

Helen says, "...the sovereign hand that created your frame, and put life into it, has provided you with other resources than your feeble self, or than creatures feeble as you. Besides this earth, and besides the race of men, ... angels see our tortures, recognise our innocence, ... and God waits only the separation of spirit from flesh to crown us with a full reward. Why, then, should we ever sink overwhelmed with distress, when life is so soon over, and death is so certain an entrance to happiness: to glory?"

To that, I say, amen.

Comments