Pivotal weekend? Let's hope so!

This weekend has been one of the best I've had in awhile. I have felt so free. I don't know if it is because I took the day off on Friday, or if it is a quick transformation associated with me changing my thinking about my life. Probably both.

I finished the book "The List" while at the beach. Basically, it is a book for girls whose lives didn't go as they had planned. (Job, marriage, kids, money, whatever.) I had a pivotal moment on Friday when I realized my life can be beautiful without the "American Dream" of married by 25, kids by 30. Pa-lease! I now realize that one of the women I admire most, lives beautifully in her late 20's and is just now getting married. And she lives like she is young, especially in comparison to me! I guess it is true, you are as young as you feel! Since I had the realization that I can dance (metaphorically) and enjoy this part of my life beautifully, I feel so free! I have decided to trust God. (Imagine that.) I think I had forgotten that He loves us! I know its only been a day, but I have felt younger, more energized, and as if there has been more life in my hours than any time in recent memory. I think the best word to describe it is: CONTENT. Hallelujah!

So today, Erica and I went to the Bayou City Art Festival. We had one little parking issue--but it really wasn't that big of a deal. I feel like she & I were able to connect as friends today, unlike we have done in awhile. (Sorry, E. I hope you don't mind me sharing this with my few readers.) The day was beautiful, the sun followed my sun-burned legs everywhere I went, and we had a good time listening to other people's conversations as they walked by. Example: A guy walked by and answered his phone, "Dude, I'm in Texas, in a park, in the middle of the woods." (It was SO not the middle of the woods.)

If you live in the Houston area, don't let another Art Festival go by without attending. It was great! There were three artists that I really liked.
1) Audrey Heller


2) Michelle Mardis: I actually bought a print from her.


3) Michael Gard


To end the day, we watched several episodes of The Office and laughed really hard. :)

Comments