Thankful. And it is not even Thanksgiving.

I am struggling with my upcoming LIFE CHANGE!

Not only will I be leaving the city and people that have made my life for the past 5 years, but I will also be leaving a job that has come easy to me and has given me a sense of security.

I think I have fallen into the monotonous trap of work and feel guilty for that. (Although, I do feel recharged after a few days off! I even made my to-do list first thing this morning and have been busy marking things off.)

Each time Jonathan and I talk about me moving we both end up on the topic of how blessed I have been. Really!? I am amazed each time I think of it. I applied for my first position here because I thought it sounded like a good idea. Who would have known it would have been such a blessing? That it would have taught me so much about how the world and people work? That I would have been able to save money and have a decent savings for a college student instead of debt? That I wouldn't have to depend on my family? Lord, thank you!

I have been trying to visualize myself at my future company. I don't know why I day dream about such things because reality never looks like my day dreams. But I hope it prepares me; gets my mind ready for what is to come. I want to make sure that I enter that job with as much enthusiasm and desire for the best that I had when I entered this one. I say this because I have felt overwhelmed and unable to accomplish anything lately. But once again, a break should help that.

This blog started after I read this article on Yahoo!. http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/money/be-grateful-for-your-job-308095/
It made me realize just how THANKFUL I should be.

One more thing...I was reading my ethics test book last night and read this.
"Studies have found that there is a positive correlation between idealistic thinking and ethical decision making."
"Research shows a negative correlation between realistic thinking and ethical decision making."

See, my idealism pays off!

Comments