A Message

Instead of going out for lunch today, I stayed at my desk and ate a Lean Cuisine and apple sauce.  I kept working, as long as the chicken enchilada wasn't burning my mouth. After finishing the food I realized I needed to take at least a quick break from work. I reached for my New Testament in the Message translation and opened to 1 Thessalonians 4-5.  You should read the whole thing, but I'm going to share a few verses with you here:

Chapter 5:13-15
Get along among yourselves, each of you doing your part. Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. And be careful that when you get on each other's nerves you don't snap at each other. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out.

Wouldn't it be a better world if we would actively try to do this?  I think of a girl at work who constantly encourages me--the exhausted one. Lord, help me to be that for someone else, too.
(Oh, and help me not to snap when someone has gotten on my nerves!)

Comments