From the mouth of a puppy

I have been struggling to enjoy a girl novel for weeks now. I started the book in college and only read a few pages before moving on to a better book. I felt bad for buying it and wasting it so I started it again recently. I swear, I would only pick it up because I felt like I should. Not because I longed to. After 60 pages I decided it can find a new home -- Half Price Books.
That decision left me free to read what I want:
This book is so creative and interesting. At work today I thought about leaving so I could go read it! It is narrated by a dog. I worry I'll never look at a dog the same way again. This dog is very smart and reflective. I haven't read much yet, but as I do, I'll share with you the wonderful little quirks that are all over this book.

For now I'll leave you with a quote from my new favorite puppy:
"...memory is timing folding back on itself. To remember is to disengage from the present."

Here's to engaging in the present!

Comments