a week of doing something different

The last few months have fallen into a boring pattern of work, being tired, and work again. Thus, I haven't blogged in quite some time.

Last week I stepped out of my tired room and lived a little.

Guess what. It felt good!

For Labor Day I enjoyed a trip to Austin where I went zip-lining. How cool was it to be outside early on a Sunday morning and zip from tree top to tree top?
While in Austin we played at a dog park. I haven't had that much fun in a while. Now I want to move to Austin and get a dog!
The next day, we drove to Gruene. :) There we had a great meal at the Gristmill and played in the river for a little while.

When I went back to work, I had a co-worker ask me at 4:30 if I wanted to go to the Astro's game with her. Her fiance had gotten diamond club seats. My natural response was to say no because I'd need to be in bed by 10pm. But I surprised myself and went. What an experience. Great food. Wonderful view. EXCELLENT service!
Then on Friday, I drove to NW Houston for my boyfriend's younger brother's football game. I forget how much I enjoy high school football!! While there, my boyfriend's mom mentioned how sad it was that parents don't support the youth. Then and there, I decided to be a supportive mom; I'll never make my kids long for me to attend their events.
Now, instead of being lazy and wasting tonight, I'm going to attempt making caramel apples. What can I say? I'm ready for FALL!

Comments