365

For a few months now I have considered starting my own "365". I got the idea from KSBJ's midday radio-host, Liz Jordan. She and her boyfriend have vowed to take a picture everyday that documents their life for that day. It includes the exciting and the mundane. This will take a committment on my part, especially on those days that are different and I don't think of taking a picture. It is the type of thing that you can't make up for; if I forget to take a picture today, I can't take two tomorrow to compensate.
I vow to take a picture everyday, but I can't even begin to promise that they will be posted daily. For some reason I think the act of transferring pictures is painful. BUT, I will try to post at least weekly.
I want to do this because it combines journaling and pictures. I used to journal after Erica gave me a journal for a gift. Now when I read over it, I realize all of the events and feelings that I had forgotten. The same applies for pictures. Who needs souvenirs when you have pictures? There is nothing like a picture to capture a moment. When you see an old picture you suddenly recall what was happening and who was there. The picture is a jumping off point for all of the things that you had forgotten that you remembered.

Jonathan just woke up from his snoring nap on the floor and said, "Get up. Take a shower. We are going to get some car parts and go to Best Buy." I guess that means I better get up.

Comments