Flowers make us HAPPY!

I read this on one of my favorite blogs today. Abbi showed me the blog, The Lettered Cottage, and I have grown to really like the reading.

Read this:
“The morning blahs, it turns out, is a real phenomenon, with positive moods – happiness, friendliness and warmth, for example – manifesting much later in the day,”

That's what lead researcher Nancy Etcoff, Ph.D. from Harvard University has found to be true.

She went on to say, “Interestingly, when we placed a small bouquet of flowers into their morning routines, people perked up.”


This reminds me of my truly favorite blog: This Young House. A very talented wife and husband team run this blog. It has even become the wife's only career! For Christmas the husband gave the wife a bouquet of flowers with the promise to give her a bouquet every month for the upcoming year. (I love gifts that keep giving!) Anyway, after they went to the grocery store to buy the first bouquet, they were shocked to see that they could buy nice flowers for about $6! Afterwards the husband vowed to give her TWO bouquets a month.
They posted pictures of their January flowers. They were even able to divide a bouquet into two different vases. This allowed them to have flowers in their bedroom and in another living quarter. How wonderful is that!?

Skip Starbucks and get some flowers! Apparently they pick you up, too!

Comments

Ericka said…
I LOVE flowers! They do make me happy when I see them too. Very interesting.
Erica said…
Is that why you came home with flowers last night?