To Be Comfortable

I have gained so much weight in my stomach, hips, and thighs that sitting at work all day has become very uncomfortable. I'm constantly trying to find a more comfortable way to sit, but the fact is, nothing is comfortable when there is too much person living in a skirt. Not to mention the unflattering view in the swimsuit....

The desire to rip my clothes off as soon as I leave the office door is reason enough to make a change. So today I stopped by Target on my way home and bought a digital bathroom scale. I was shocked by what I saw. I think I truly thought it would read the same as it did when I was in high school. It didn't. I would have to lose 18.6 lbs to get back to that lovely number.

So, I think I am going to start off small and get back to my college weight. My 'wishful' goal will be to lose the 18.6. But my realistic goal will be 8.6 pounds. That's doable! Right?

My first strategy is going to be to eat only when my stomach is growling. Mostly, this means no more social-only lunches. I think those lunches combined with sitting ALL DAY is what created that extra 8.6 pounds to begin with.

Wish me luck.

Comments

Teresa said…
I don't know if you have an iphone or not, but my husband has lost 22 lbs using this app called "Lose It" which helps you track your calories. When I hit about 25, I felt like I could no longer eat whatever I wanted and man it sure was not a fun revelation. I know how you feel.
Heather said…
Yeah, its like I'm exploding from my belly button. I downloaded a calorie tracker on my phone, but I've realized that its hard to find the time to list everything I eat in my phone. I think a note pad and pen would be quicker but wouldn't give me as much information.