Brunch, Shopping, Dinner, and a "Cute" Movie

My sister is staying the weekend with me. Her being here keeps me from thinking of the things I NEED to do, and allows me to live and just be. We had brunch at La Madeleine where I realized I'm an eater and crepes with strawberries is not enough to fill me! So my fork made several trips over to Lacie's plate to steal some of her hashbrowns. They were wonderful, by the way.
Later, we went shopping at Home Goods and Target. Home Goods has such beautiful things, at great prices! I got a basket for Zoey's toys, a new elephant toy for Zoey, a gift for Erica, and a white round platter that's selling point was, "From the oven to the table."
*I told her I had something for her, and she started jumping, eager to find out what it was. As soon as I pulled it out of the bag she took it and started playing. This made my heart flutter since she has just started playing recently.
*This is how she left the new elephant.
*$12.99!
*Doesn't this say Nantucket? (I've never been, but I'll just assume.)
This platter inspired our dinner: baked corn on the cob, red onions, red potatoes, and shrimp. It's in the oven now. So while we wait for dinner to be done, we are enjoying crackers and cheese, and watching what my sister calls a "cute" movie. Otherwise known as Wedding Crashers. Funny, yes. But cute, I am not so sure.
"Shut your mouth when you talk to me!" ha ha...

Comments

joven said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.