Projects

I want to leave a legacy. I want my children and grandchildren to know and remember me--even the me before they existed. I understand that after my grandchildren, I'll only be a name on a family tree. However, I will work to keep my memory alive. What better way than to publish my blog in book form? Its like a journal, except I've already excluded all of the secret things I won't want my grandchildren to know about.
Therefore, tonight I started the project of transforming Classic Heather into a book.
My boyfriend (dear future grandchildren, his name is Jonathan. Will he be your grandpa? We'll have to wait and see, and trust that God is the blessed Controller) bought a sail boat this past week. He has spent the whole day cleaning it, and called to tell me that he wants me to make curtains for it. I asked, "Why me?" because I'm not the most capable with the sewing machine. After the frustrations of setting up the machine, I'm spent! But knowing that he wants ME to do them, and is giving me the license to do some nesting in the new boat, makes me so excited. I think I'll go get the sewing machine down now. If I manage to set it up, I should probably also hem those great pants that I bought from Gap.

Comments

Teresa said…
What website are you using to make your blog a book? I thought about doing that but don't know what I would use.
Heather said…
I'm using blurb. They have several options. It is pretty user friendly. I just wish their layouts weren't fixed. You can create your own, but I'd like to be able to drag and drop from theirs.
They make it super easy to upload your blog. You can also do just picture books, which may be cool for your new little one! (Congrats by the way!)